To: Ichiro Suzuki <suzuki@blatz.cs.uwm.edu>
Subject: mail order places
From: schooler@apollo.hp.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 08:34:35 -0500
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Ichiro Suzuki writes:
 > Hi, I would like to hear your opinions on
 >   Tarmakin & Co.
 >   Jim Kuehl & Co.
 >   George Ury
 > for buying used Leica equipment---their price, condition rating,
 > whether they really accept returns, etc.
 > (All these people ad in Shutterbug.)

You've probably picked among the best in quality, but that means you
have to pay their prices.  I've used all three and have always been
satisfied.  George Ury often has interesting collectible equipment of
all kinds.  His prices are usually high, but sometimes surprisingly
low.  For example, I recently snagged the Canon twin-turret finder for
$150, a mere fraction of what I saw it advertised at shortly later.

        -- Richard

Message from Ichiro Suzuki <suzuki@blatz.cs.uwm.edu> (mail order places)