To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: M6J
From: raoul@olympus.net (Jeffrey E. Benedict)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 18:40:08 +0000

>Hi everyone,
>
>     Did anyone seen the M-6J or knowing any difference between the M6 to
>M6J?

I believe that the M-6J is the "retro-Leica" designed for the 40th
anniversary of the introduction of the M-3.  Basically, it is an M-6 with a
M-3 viewfinder, which allows a larger image with a 50mm lens.  Not sure if
the smaller, wide angle viewfinders are lost, but the camera looks very
much like the earlier M-3- haven't actually seen one, but have seen
pictures of it.

On other Leica stuff-

Just got my III back together again.  The covering was damaged when I got
it and I was going to try to recover it with something, but when I got the
old covering off, I just polished it with a succession of finer sandpapers
until it now has a shiny like of a sheen which I find pleasing.  Not
original, of course, but it also doesn't have some kind of non-Leitz
defilement either!  Now, to find a vintage Hektor 135 and bright-line
finder to go wit it...

Jeff

Jeffrey E. Benedict                     raoul@pt.olympus.net
Box 277, Chimacum, WA 98325
"To BE the Man, You gotta BEAT the Man"- Ric "Nature Boy" Flair