To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Summicrons
From: Jeffrey Frey <jeff@Glue.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 22:26:56 -0500

Well this (from HArold MErklinger) is very tantalizing:

 The later rigid lens has a 'lens-shaped' space in that location.
 The folks at Leitz never openly distinguished between the two designs, but
one can speculate why:

and there the message ends.

I have found an article in a Japanese review of Leicas which also shows two
7-element 50/2 Summicrons, one with noticeably smaller rear elements than the
other, and I have passed it on to Marc Small who promises a translation.

Jeff