To: Francesco Ricci <ricci@irst.it>
Subject: Re: 19/2.8 vs 21/4
From: "Hubert Nowotny" <HUBERTN@ctr.co.at>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 1995 15:32:31 +0100
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> > From:          Francesco Ricci <ricci@irst.it>
> > Subject:       19/2.8 vs 21/4

> Hy guys,
>
> I need an advise. I'm going to make a _big_ investment buying a short
> focal for my R4. I've found a used Elmarit 19/2.8, old model (that
> without the filter inside) and the price is comparable with Super
> Angulon 21/4 and also Elmarit 24/2.8. In Italy the price is around
> $1300.
Francesco,

I've asked a friend of mine who worked (within others) for Leitz
testing lenses a.s.f., he seems to me to be absolutely up to date
with lenses and their quality.

(I have to add that both of us don't believe in the power of numbers
as published e.g. in test magazines. It's the quality of the picture
- together with good test results - which makes the point in our
opinion.)

He told me to tell you that, if the quality of the resulting picture
would be the criterion, the 21 mm Super Angulon would be _the_ lens
to buy.

Hope this helps
Greetings from Austria

Hubert

* Von/From: HUBERT NOWOTNY, CTR Hatzenberger & Nowotny OEG
* A-1070 Wien/Vienna, Neubaugasse 76 (Austria, Europe ...)
* Tel ++43-1- 526 63 63 - 0, Fax ++43-1- 526 63 63 - 63
* hubertn@ctr.co.at, http://www.ctr.co.at/ctr/