To: Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Summicron 40mm C Lens
From: kino@netcom.com (Michael L.)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 22:23:23 -0700

As a happy longtime Leica M user, I recently bought a Minolta CLE and have
had fun using it with the few Leitz lenses I own that actually fit.  The
camera came with the 40mm M-Rokkor lens, which is a nice little lens,
pretty sharp, but not up to the standards of the Leitz Summicrons.

Has anyone compared the Minolta 40mm with the Leitz Summicron 40mm C lens
that was made for the CL?  I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to
trade up to the Leitz.  By the same token, does anyone have a 40mm
Summicron for sale or trade?

I'm also curious about the Minolta 28mm CLE lens and how it compares to the
Leitz 28mm 2.8 Elmarit.   Also, has anyone tried using the Leitz 28mm on
the CLE (recent models are supposed to fit, though the hood is said to
interfere with the rangefinder).

Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Lehmann