To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica 180/2.8 Questions
From: questusa@ix.netcom.com (Quest Electronics inc. )
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 20:04:41 -0700

.

Hello everybody,

     Here is an interesting question froma gentleman in Hong Kong.

     PLEASE REPLY TO THE ADDRESS AT THE END OF THE LETTER.

I bought a used R-180/2.8(new version) lens recently. The pictures are
very
satifised for most of the time.
But when I shooting at objects of more than 20-30 feet away, with
aperture
set to 2.8-4.0, I find the images degrades a little bit, less sharper
than
my R-90/2.8.

I suspect :
- probably this is not a APO lens, image will degrade for distant
objects
  with aperture wide open.
- using a UV filter to replace my skylight to reduce ultraviolet rays.

If that's true, is it wise to give it up and go for a 180/3.4APO?

Please advise.

--
* Please reply to :                             *