To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, wongfr@hkstar.com
Subject: Re: using Leica-R lens on Nikon or EOS
From: liang@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Chuck Liang)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 19:08:14 -0400
Posted-Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 19:08:14 -0400

The lens flange to film distance for Leica reflex cameras is
46.89mm, while that for the Nikon mount is 46.5mm - a difference
of 0.39mm is not much to work with - so it is simply not possible to
make an adapter for Leica lenses to fit on Nikons.  I don't know what the
distance is for the EOS mount, but it has to be significantly LESS than
46.89mm in order for a mount adapter to be made.  In anycase, I know
of no such adapter in existence - for ANY camera other than Leica to
use Leica lenses.