To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Telyt 200 f4
From: Jack Hamilton <0002022804@mcimail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 95 10:48 EST

-- [ From: Jack Hamilton * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

------- FORWARD, Original message follows -------

Date: Saturday, 21-Oct-95 10:47 AM

From: Jack Hamilton            \ Internet:    (photogroup@msn.com)
To:   Robert Sproul            \ Internet:    (sproul@psc.psc.sc.edu)

Subject: Re: Telyt 200 f4

Robert:

I used the 200 Telyt for several years in the 1960's and 1970's with a Visoflex
on m-2 and m-3 boxes. At the time I was a newspaper photographer for the
Milwaukee Journal...and used this combination frequently for sports coverage.
Even at that time, we shot a lot of negative color and transparency...and the
image quality with the Telyt  was superior to what the equivalant Nikons and
Nikkor lenses of the era would do, especially for pictures intended for
reproduction.

After reading your question yesterday, I went back through my files, and dug
out some really excellent Kodachromes (even by 1990's standards) that were made
back then.

The lens, in my opinion, will equal or even outperform anything available new
today...especially if you do not need auto-diaphram, etc.

Kinda sorry now that I got rid of it in the 70's...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA