To: ewelch@gp.magick.net, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 35mm Summicron lens
From: Cheng-Lee Nee <cnee@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 11:15:06 -0800

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a lens to use, not to collect.
However, I am confused about various information I got. Some said
lenses made in Germany is better, some said only old Summicron-M were
made in Germany, some said there is no Leitz Canada anymore, and yet,
I am seeing "Made in Canada" engraved on the lenses on Leica's own
brochure (printed in 92, I think) ...

I wanted to make sure that I know what I am getting before spending
near 1k to buy even an used Leica lens. I would appreciate any help
to clarify this. Thanks.

Cheng-Lee