To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: 35mm Summicron lens...
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 23:23:00 PST

** Reply to note from sachse@msc.cornell.edu 11/02/95  5:55pm -0500
> Note, I'm not knocking the Aspheric. It's just that
> 	not everybody needs one.

That may be true, that we don't need an asperic, I'm using the
Summicron because of the price I paid - $850. But I want the Aspheric,
because the performance is significantly better. And heck, those tiny
lenses are nothing after carrying my EOS1n with the 70-200L 2.8, power
booster and 2x converter. Shees, talk about heavy metal!

The 35 Summilux is the oldest lense design in the M line. Back to the
late 50s or early 60s, and most people consider its performance wide
open to be less than spectacular. Stopped down, it improves quite a
bit.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR