To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: batteries for CL and CLE
From: John_Poirier@tailbone.learnnet.nt.ca (John Poirier)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 95 09:41:52 MDT

>As a professional photographer for 35+ years, I would be interested knowing
>who else is on here who makes photographs for a living.

>Thanks,   Fred Ward

I'm a professional. I work at a museum doing specialized archival work as well
as general photography for the the institution.  My personal work is landscape
photography which is published and exhibited quite extensively.

In terms of Leicas, I am a user, not a collector.  While I appreciate the
unique qualities of Leica cameras, to me they are mainly tools that I find
useful for certain things.  For example, I use a IIIf under certain conditions
because the lenses have characteristics that give me a "look" that I like.

In terms of your question about CL/CLE, I'm not familiar with those cameras.
However, if batteries are hard to find because they are mercury-type ones that
have been discontinued, there are good substitutes available for some.  They
are called "Weincells",  I think- made by the same outfit (Wein) that makes
flash meters, slaves, etc.

Hope that helps.

John Poirier
Yellowknife NT Canada