To: fred@csgi.com
Subject: Re: CL metering problem
From: cholleta@mail.vtx.ch (Chollet Alberto)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 16:23:06 +0100
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

At 16:41 25.11.1995, Fred N. Ward wrote:
>I am having a very annoying problem with my CL at the moment.... the metering
>is intermittent. The meter bar moves, I fire the shutter, it may or may not
>come back (but never to the same place twice), I fire again, and the meter
>fails to come back..  Really strange. New battery too.

Fred,
four years ago I lived some months in New York City (working and learning a
little bit english). I bought a CL. After two or three films, suddenly, I
had exactly the same problem you describe.
I asked to the shopkeeper to fix that problem. He had to send the camera to
Leica (somewhere in US) because there were nothing he could do: contacts
were clean, battery new, and so on.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly what happen to it. Actually, after three
months I had to leave NYC and the camera was still in the factory. The
shopkeeper refunded the price I payed, but I lost a very nice CL, with a
Wetzlar 40 lens.

Best whishes.

Alberto