To: MBell@MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU, Pablo_Mendoza@ROOSEVELT-PROVOST.ucsd.edu, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M3 DS problems, questions
From: Arthur Wouk <wouk@alumni.cs.colorado.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 16:15:24 -0700

>     The person who told you that the silver is flaking off is correct.  It
>     is a common occurrence on rangefinders over time.  It is fairly easy
>     to repair if you send it to a good Leica repair person.  I would
>     recommend Dan Goldberg (DAG) in the Midwest, he specializes in Leica.
>     On the West Coast, there used to be Rudy Lang, Leica trained
>     technician, but I think that he has retired.The cost for resilvering
>     was about $150.00 in 1987, when I had that done to my M3. It could be
>     more now (the work was done by E.Leitz).

i can recommend john van stelton. he also has a full optical bench and
does resilvering and works on restoring lenses. we even discussed
fixing up an otherwise beautiful summar, but the cost of the reworking
was equivalent to the market value less original cost (the latter being
$25!)

phone him at 303-665-6640 for details.