To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M3 DS problems, questions
From: jvr@inescn.pt (Joao Ranito)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 12:07:43 +0100

>Well, things are slow, so I've screwed up the courage to post to the list.
>I am neither a professional photographer nor a collector, so I tend to feel
>a little intimidated on this list.

You shouldn't: I guess there are a lot of non-pro, non-collector who use
Leica and this list. "Look" at me, here I am, a systems engineer,
specialized in Medical Informatics, using this list and a Leica M3DS, just
like yours!!!

[snip]

>At 30 am I the youngest person on this list?  My M3 is certainly older than
>I am.

Welcome to the club: turning 31 next 23rd... ;-). In fact my M3 was once my
father-in-law's M3 but he now prefers his Yashica T4 (lovely thing, BTW, my
wife also has one and I sometimes "borrow" it, when I want to travel real,
real, real light: a suit and a briefcase. Both with slides or B&W, the T4 is
very tolerable, although not a Leica... But I digress.). I now thank my
father-in-law, auto-focus AND Yashica very much ;-).

And my M3 is circa 57, definitely older than I am and in better shape too:
my father-in-law is not much of a film burner. Even with the T4 (P&S, you
know, less effort to take a picture...) he managed to take pictures of TWO
(yes, TWO, 2!!) Christmas in the same roll of film!!! So I guess he should
have put some, let's see, 3 to 4 rolls of film through his/my M3. Hard work
for a Leica, huh? ;-)

>Thanks for your time.
'Twas a pleasure!

>Michael Bell