To: sphillips@umbsky.cc.umb.edu, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 Meter
From: cholleta@mail.vtx.ch (Chollet Alberto)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 21:59:39 +0100

At 22:08 10.1.1996, sphillips@umbsky.cc.umb.edu wrote:
>I am thinking of either buying an M4-P or an M6.  I used to have an M4-P and so
>am quite used to it.  I used to use one with an MR meter and quite liked the
>combination.  What are people's experiences with the M6 meter. Is it woth
>paying $600 fo- the difference in the used prices.??Thanks in advance PS to
>follow some recent threads, I'm 35 and broke!

I have a M6 and a M4-2 (older than a M4-P) and both are in excellent
conditions. Using alternatively one or the other, I can just feel some
little differences: the viewer in the M4-2 need to be cleaned and its lever
is a little bit harder. The M4-2 viewer is without 28 frame, but I don't
have a 28mm lens, so I don't miss it (in any case you have this kind of
frame on the M4-P, exactly the same as in the M6).

About meter: I think the M6 meter is great! It's a spot meter and with some
training you can be very accurate with it. If you want a very small package
is perfect.
With the M4-2 I use a Gossen. I don't think that a MR is a good choice. A
very good one could be very expensive and it would reduce drastically the
difference in price with the M6: yours 600$ could easier be reduced to
400$. At this point I would prefer invest something more and buy the M6.
All that is in relation with the kind of pictures you want to do. Consider
that having a built-in meter help you to be faster.

I hope it helps.

Alberto