To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Preferred M6 kit
From: "Anand R. Mehta" <amehta@mcs.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 23:10:12 -0600

Hi all:

After realizing that I don't use my Hasselblad much anymore, I
decided to trade/upgrade it and my M4-2 for an M6.  I am keeping
my 35mm Summicron, and would like your opinions on a few issues:

Some background:  most of my photos are candid/street portrature
with some landscapes mixed in for good measure.  Up until now,
I have ONLY shot B&W film in my M4-2, as I haven't the skills to
develop and print color at the moment, though I hope to correct
this soon.

First, the 35mm Summicron I have is an older chrome type with
the push-on lens cap.  In good shape, as far as I can tell, but
not the latest.  I am assuming that the newer models don't offer
enough of a benefit to warrant upgrading, but if not, I'm all
ears.

Second, I need to enlarge my lens selection.  I think the best
bet would be a 90mm first, and then the 50mm.  The 90mm lens of
choice seems to be a toss-up between the Summicron and Tele-Elmarit,
assuming that speed is not an issue.  Of more interest to me
are any experiences with the 50mm f1 Noctilux.  Assuming it has
sharpness aproaching the slower 50mm offerings, the speed of this
lens may be exciting to work with.

Anyway, I was just looking for comments people had on the lens
options and how they will manifest themselves in color photography.
I'm beginning to feel that the different characteristics these
lenses have will manifest themselves much more in color photography
than B&W....

-Anand
--
Anand R. Mehta