To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Camera Bags
From: msmall@roanoke.infi.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 15:53:57 -0500

Let's not go overboard on camera bags.  Yes, you CAN have hard, brown
leather cases made for your gear, just like in the Good Old Days -- but it
will probably cost as much as the M6 Titanium with 1.4/35 Aspherical &c &c.

On the other hand, both Fogg and Billingham are well worth their price.
These are NOT bags for the short haul -- please remember that Leica RF
folks, in any event, don't tend to trade their gear in that often, and keep
it for twenty or thirty years at a stretch.  Well, a Fogg or Billingham bag
is well worth the investment, as it will last the stretch without a problem.

I have an absolutely standard Billingham bag I bought a couple of years ago
from Tamarkin.  I can carry my M6, winder, 1.4/35 (non-aspherical, alas!),
2/50 NF eyes, 2/90 (the new one, not the old "cannon"), 4/90 collapsible,
2.8/135, filters, 283 flash, &c &c without a problem.  Love the bag.

Please note that a slew of repair folks I know use the Billinghams:  they're
rugged and reliable.  Fogg is, also, though whether it's worth the extra
bucks, I knoweth not.

Best,

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315