To: Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: unobtrusive photography
From: Kalessin@eworld.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 21:39:46 -0800

     When I'm traveling, though, as a rule I don't go through the lobby of
whatever hotel I'm staying in with a camera hanging around my neck. As far
as thieves go, hotel lobbies tend to attract connoisseurs. Wait until you
get a block or so away before you pull anything out of the bag.
<<

I tend to always sling the camera over the shoulder but under my jacket when
I'm doing a picture walk. I've got the length of my normal shoulder strap set
up to allow me to pull the camera out in a hurry. It works well, no one ever
seems to realize I'm carrying the camera even if we're staying at the hotel
together and grabbed our gear at the same time! :)

Godfrey