To: Chuck Warman <cwarman@sol.wf.net>, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: RE: Elmar-C 90mm/f4
From: dkhong@pacific.net.sg (D Khong)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 15:34:47 +0800

At 06:18 PM 2/16/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Soichi,
>
>>I have a question about Elmar - C 90mm/f4 lens.
>>The lens was designed to accommodate with CL. Does it work with >other M
cameras? The Leica pocket book said it did, but other >literature said
itcould physically fit but rangefinder cam would be  >slightly off for other
M cameras. It means it can not focus accurately.
>>If you have an experience to use a CL lens with M cameras, please >give me
your thoughts.

>I have a Minolta CLE with both the 40 and 90 Elmar-C lenses.  Before I
>stupidly sold my M3, I used both lenses on it, with fine results, but I'm
not a true perfectionist.
>I've read the same stuff you have about the rangefinder being off with the
90 lens, but I could honestly never see it.  Maybe someone more knowledgable
than both of us will chime in.

>Regards,
>
>Chuck
>Chuck Warman
>cwarman@sol.wf.net
>"The abdication of Belief / Makes the Behavior small."
>        --- Emily Dickinson

Hi all,

We have checked out the pics taken with the C 90mm lens.  They look just as
good as the rest.

Regards

Dan