To: corkflor@iol.ie
Subject: Re: Photography in the Emerald Isle
From: Kalessin@eworld.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 10:47:03 -0800
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

I had the opportunity to visit Ireland in August of '95 for the first time. I
was over to attend the Ulster GP -- motorcycle road racing on real country
roads! -- and spent an extra day walking the city of Krumlin as well. I
stayed with some wonderful people on a dairy farm just outside of Krumlin.

I must say, it was one of the most beautiful places I've meandered around.
Great people, clean and breathable air. In my short 4 day visit I managed to
obtain a large number of excellent images from the motorcycle racing, the
countryside, the farm, tons of great people shots ... And nothing I've ever
tasted before is like having a pint of Guinness at the pub! I must return
again.

There's definitely something wonderful about the light. Both the lack of
pollution and perhaps the water in the air make the light sparkle and the
greenery very vivid.

The roads are perfect for motorcycles so that's what I'll use to travel with
next time I head over. :)

Godfrey