To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: prices on used leicas
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:37:26 -0700 (MST)

At 11:32 AM 2/27/96 +0100, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:
>What´s the best price guide for you when you are looking for buying a
>screw,M or R leica cameras and lenses?
>
>Shutterbug?
>Hove´s International price guide?
>MacKeown´s guide?
>Another ones?

> I´ll agree experiences with the prices in all countries.
>
> For those who are experienced leica users/buyers: how are the prices on
>used and/or collectible equipment now comparing to some years ago?. Where do
>you buy this used cameras?

Located as I am in the US, David, I like Shutterbug. It seems to represent
the "real world" as far as pricing goes and is updated monthly by the
reputable advertisers. Hove's is somewhat familiar, but I've never seen
MacKeown's Guide.

I'm a new Leica owner, though I've lusted for one all my adult life. Finally
at 60 years of age, I've given in to the urge. Based on a lot of good input
from folk that have done business with him, I bought a late manufacture M6
and 35/2 Summicron from George Ury. When he says he grades conservatively, I
believe him. Though I paid a top end price, the equipment I received was
immaculate! After searching high and low, the only sign, whatsoever, of use
were slight marks inside the lugs that contain the strap rings. My initial
roll of Velvia should arrive any day, but I feel sure that they will be fine
from equipment as pristine as this.
    --
    Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                              Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum