To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 Suggestion Box...
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Sherril & Bill)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 17:54:02 -0800

Hi Eric,

I am not too sure about your post below.

The M6 has been out for about 10 years now.  My thinking is that they
will come out with an M6.2, M6J, or what ever this year at Photokina.
The basic design will remain the same.  But there will be small changes
to the view finder, the meter switch, or other small things...and they
will RAISE the price.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth

You wrote:

>Addressed to: <FortunkoC@aol.com>
>              leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>
>** Reply to note from  <FortunkoC@aol.com> 02/25/96 12:10am -0500
>> Did anyone consider that most of our needs may be met by the current
Leica
>> cameras. Did anyone give up photography, because the performance
envelope of
>> Leica lenses and bodies is not large enough?
>
>That's what Leica's market research has discovered, according to Leica

>Photography. Their customers are very happy the way the M6 is, and
automation
>will turn a lot of them off. The proof is in the pudding. They can't
make M6s
>fast enough. They sell as fast as they make them. Only Contax is close
to Leica
>in profitability in the U.S. right now (both about 30% increase in
'94)
>according to Leica and Blake Ziegler (guy who "created" the G-1 for
Contax and
>is their top U.S. rep.). So who would be dumb enough to mess with a
great
>formula? Not Leica. And their buying up other businesses (including
Minox) is