To: Jorg Nolte <jon@trc.rwcp.or.jp>
Subject: Re: Advice Sought: Filters
From: Adrian Tanovic/GRFP/GRN <Adrian_Tanovic@genre.com>
Date: 5 Mar 96 16:22:22
Cc: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>

>The (german made?) B&W filters are an excellent choice.

Optically they are indeed excellent, I'm sure quite the equal of the ones that
carry the Leica brand name.  The only problem I've had with them has been
mechanical: they have quite a hefty metal outer ring, at least a couple mm
higher than that of the equivalent Leica filter.  That can interfere somewhat
with the seating of the lens cap, particularly if it's a press-on type like
with the 35mm Summicron.  I lost one in Hong Kong like that.  Fortunately HK
has lots of Leica equipment on sale and a I found a replacement immediately.
At the same time, I bought a proper Leica filter and haven't had a problem
since.

Adrian Tanovic
Tokyo

Replied:  5 Mar 96 13:21