To: "'Leica List'" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: I Have a Poor Man's M6.2
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@sol.wf.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 20:30:02 -0600
Encoding: 29 TEXT

Sorry if this is double-posted; my email software was acting funny over the
weekend.

Adrian wrote:
>Thanks to all who responded.  Here is a compilation of the suggestions for
>improvements to the M6, roughly in order of frequency.

--------------SNIP------------------

My own Leica outfit, modest as it is, consists of a Minolta CLE, with the
40 Summicron-C and 90 Elmar-C lenses, a 50 rigid Summicron,  a 28
Elmarit-M, the dedicated CLE flash, and cheapo auxiliary viewfinders as
necessary.  It seems to me that this arrangement addresses most, but not
all, the improvements suggested in this thread. The primary limitation, of
course, is the inability to use a 135 lens because of the short CLE RF
base. I don't *know* that it won't work, but I live in Leica-challenged
West Texas, so I haven't been able to borrow one to try it out.

At any rate, this outfit *works for me*.  I'm not a pro, but I am a bit of
a perfectionist (as we all are, or we wouldn't be LUGnuts), and this sys
tem, IMO, delivers magnificent results and a reasonable approximation of
"Leica feel". Thus, I don't think I'd be particularly tempted by an M6.2 or
CL2 or whatever - I already have one.

Comments?  Questions?  Flames???

Chuck