To: msmall@roanoke.infi.net
Subject: focusing the R cameras (was Re: The new 50/2.8 Elmar)
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 11:23:58 -0500
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Are you aware that the R focusing screens got a lot brighter when the
R5 came out?  The R4 had interchangeable screens, and they can be
interchanged with those of the later cameras, but they were weren't as
bright as the later ones.  If you had problems focusing an R4 or
earlier camera, possibly a later one would work better.

I don't think, though, that they'd ever be quite as easy to focus in
low light as a good rangefinder.

Anyway, I like my R cameras -- they feel good in the hand, the lenses
are very good, and my R6.2 especially just delights me every time I
use it.  But, as my grandmother used to say, "Para gustos se hicieron
colores, y cada loco con su tema."  (You might think of this as
"Chacun a son gout" in Spanish.)

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (focusing the R cameras)