To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hand held shots at 1/2 sec.
From: "Hubert Nowotny" <HUBERTN@ctr.co.at>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 20:03:49 +0100

Friends,

I join the chorus of people who _love_ the M Leica for its smooth
shutter. (If you ever get your hands on a M6-J, you'll be even more
impressed ...) My "most hand-held" story of the last months happened
in Venice: end of the day, shooting the lagoon in evening colors from
the moving vaporetto (trying to hold the camera as soft as possible
to avoid to transmit the "sounds" of the ship's engine to the camera)
1/15 s with the 50 mm lens fully opened. Results: great color slides,
fairly sharp (I was impressed by them; I hadn't dared to hope to
produce such sharp images ...).

The M6 is the one and only camera I grab when the light of the
day vanishes ...

(And, by the way, as I passed 40 years several months ago and
therefore feel like becoming old and shaky, the thing I like second
best is my Monostat monopod; it's by far faster and less heavy than a
tripod and it's also great for securing 1/8 s with my big 6x7 Pentax
if needed ...)

Have a nice day
Greetings
Hubert

* Von/From: HUBERT NOWOTNY, CTR Hatzenberger & Nowotny OEG
* A-1040 Wien/Vienna, Kettenbrueckengasse 16 (Austria, Europe ...)
* Tel ++43-1- 586 20 22 - 0, Fax ++43-1- 586 20 22 - 24
* hubertn@ctr.co.at, http://www.ctr.co.at/ctr/