To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 90mm f/2.5 COLORPLAN-P2 CF
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@mail.a1.NL>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:58:29 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On 23 Mar 96 at 12:41, Marc James Small wrote about "Re: 90mm f/2.5
COLORPLAN-P2 CF":

> Another remedy is glass slide mounts -- the old Lindia ones were
> nice and you still seem them at a lot of camera shows and GEPE, of
> course, are readily available through HP Marketing.  But if you use
> glass mounts, I believe the non-CF lens would do a significantly
> better job than does the CF.

There is another, far better solution, but only viable with a 250W
projector: a lens that can be closed down. I have a set of Braun
projectors, and Braun was the first manufacturer who manufactured this
kind of projection lenses. I believe Reflecta now also has these (not
sure, but AFAIK there is another brand that carries them). The lens
has been tested in FotoMagazine, and even at full aperture it was
close to the fixed Leica and/or Zeiss lenses. Closing down two stops,
it was even a tad better I believe.

I believe the Braun lens system is compatible with others, but I am
not sure whether that holds for Leica. There is a system difference
between the the Leica pro-model projector and the budget line, right?

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
Replied: Forwarded 25 Mar 96 08:24

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: 90mm f/2.5 COLORPLAN-P2 CF)