To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 135mm f/4.0 Tele-Elmar-M
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 16:37:32 +0000

In message <199603261925.OAA28989@gold.interlog.com>, Michael Reichmann
<michaelr@interlog.com> writes
>Every now and then I'll drop into a camera store and spend a while playing
>with a R6.2, but each time I walk away disappointed.  They just don't have
>the "feel" that I want.  My F4, bruser that it is, handles like a charm and
>has all the "features" one could want -- even though I use it in manual
>everything mode 90% of the time.

My own feeling on this is that the "look" of the lenses is far more
important than the "feel" of the body. It's the results that I'm using
the equipment for (mainly!). Thus, as someone who changed from Nikon to
Leica, I have no problem at all with the R6 and R7 bodies. The other
consideration that is important to me is parts availability. With even
Nikon F series cameras I'd be concerned that they might run out of spare
parts after about ten years or so; I've read of a number of otherwise
indestructible F2s that cannot now have any working metering due to
parts not being available. With Leicas, parts are usually available even
after 40 years. So when I see a Nikon body next to a Leica body, I see
very different futures!
--
joe b.