To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Taking the plunge . . .
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:31:20 -0800

Alan,

If I were buying two lenses, I would get a 35 Summicron (or the Aspheric
Summilux if I had an extra grand to throw at the lens) and the 75
Summilux. The Leica M is especially strong with fast lenses. It all
depends on what you want. Low light and moderately fast film? If you
dont' need the speed, then the 90 Summicron, or Elamrit (f/2 and f/2.8
resp.) are fine choices.

On the other hand, if they 35 Summicron isn't wide enough for you, the
28 Elmarit in it's latest incarnation is very good. Some people say
definitely better image quality than the Summicron.

You really need to decide what kinds of things you want to shoot. With
what you say in mind, sounds like you want avialable light candid type
shooting. That means FAST LENSES! <G> You'll love it.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR