To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Ernst Haas- what camera/lens, and what film?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 09:18:58 -0800

joe b. wrote:

> Since we're on the subject of what HCB used, maybe someone knows what
> Leica equipment Ernst Haas used. I'd really like to know.

As I remember it, only Leica SLRs. He didn't use the rangefinders when
SLRs were available. And he used everything they made, for the most
part, from 21 up to 400. And he continued to use Kodachrome as far as I
can read. Never heard of him using Fujichrome. Has anyone else? All the
books I have by him - except the black and white book - mention
Kodachrome. (My once, and still favorite color film.) If you like, I can
quote from one of his books. Check the back of "The Creation" if you
have it.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR