To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 90/2.8 Elmarit-M
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 08:07:51 -0800

Nelson Wu wrote:

> Anybody knows about the special glass type called "Lanthenam". I was told
> that the glass was used in the 50 summicron Dual Range and 90 Elmarit 2.8.

I do believe Lantenam was a big deal back in the 50s. Either it was, or
was not radioactive, I believe was one of the things that made it stand
out. I think not radioactive, which some optical glass was in those
days. Hardly big news today, such as the high refractive index, low (and
anomolus) dispersion characteristics that make some high end glass
special now.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR