To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: sharp lens, wonky mechanics
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 00:23:07 +0000

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> wrote:
>At 02:55 AM 4/2/96 +0100, "joe b." wrote:
>> are there any other non-Leica lenses that are particularly special that
>> anyone can think of (for Leica cameras that is)?
> The big players in LTM lenses, of course, were Nikon and Canon, for the
> American market

I think the sharpest lens I've got is a Canon 1.4/50 in Leica screwmount.
It's getting a bit loose mechanically now, though; you can wobble the lens
from side to side - the mount to the camera is secure, this seems to be wear
on the focusing threads.  Anyone know if this is likely to be fixable?  It
doesn't affect image quality but feels disconcerting.

jack@purr.demon.co.uk  -  Jack Campin, 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AE

Replies: Reply from Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> (Re: sharp lens, wonky mechanics)