To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: time to upgrade - advice sought
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 13:42:48 +0200

>Well, it has been my experience that the precut leader on modern films does
>not function properly in the later "quick-load" M's.  I had repetitive
>misfeeds on my M4 and finally called Leica in NJ, who advised that I should
>use the old "long leader" trimming to avoid the problem.  I have done so
>ever since, and have had no further difficulties in the film feeding into
>the camera.

This is very interesting. I've never heard about it before. I bought my M4-P
about a year ago and I never had any problems since with feeding the film
into the camera (using Kodak Tri-X rolls). I just pull the film until it's
inside of the right spool, then close the body and shoot two blind pictures.
I usually get 38 or 39 pictures per roll. Just luck??

Bye, Edi.