To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Close up with Leica-M? (Not Macro)
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 20:02:37 -0500

There is an attachment called a SOOKY-M (I think thisisthe same as the
device later called a SOMKY, but I'm not sure.) that works with the
collapsible 50 Summicron or, with a small adapter the head of any 50mm
Summicron which unscrews from the focus mount. I don't know if the current
50 will do this as I don't own one.

The duel range Summicron is handy and easy to use as well as being a fine
optic.

>Every now and again I find myself wishing for a very slightly improved
>close focusing ability for my 50mm Summicrons. I am vaguely considering a
>Dual Range Summicron but, by chance, whilst perusing a copy of the Hove
>Leica accessories guide, I came across an item called the "Somky" This
>implement looks like a small extension ring fitted with goggles.
>        The text is unclear, would anyone know if this works with the
>current 50mm Summicrons?
>Is there another accessory along the same lines that would?
>Are they available on the second hand market or are they now treasured
>collectibles? How much would one expect to pay, assuming they're findable?
>Any input would be most gratefully appreciated,
>Jae

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423