To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica cassette lugs
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 08:08:41 -0400
Cc: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>

At 05:14 AM 4/11/96 +0100, "joe b." wrote:

>I'm not clear about this; does having cassette lugs inside a Leica rf
>body also imply that I can't use normal film cassettes in it?
>
>Or does it just mean you can only use Leica cassettes in a body that has
>the lugs?

The latter.  All Leicas from the beginning to M6 approx 1690xxx (Wetzlar)
had cassette lugs -- and they all took "normal" film cassettes -- what
Ilford and Kodak and Forte and Efke use, the Agfa design of 1934 or so -- as
well as the Leica cassettes.  Zeiss Ikon cameras also take both the Zeiss
Ikon cassette and Agfa cassettes.  To my (rather shaky) knowledge, only
Tessina and Robot, among 35mm cameras, have required the use of their
proprietary cassettes.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!