To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M lenses for 120 format Mamiya 645
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 19:32:46 -0400

I agree with Tom. After becoming excited, I called Robert Benjamin in Boulder
(he now runs the camera department at Jones Drug) to get his opinion. He said
that the same thing. The film-plane to rear element distance is a problem.
There are other problems.

Benjamin heard of Leica lenses even being used on 8by10 cameras with
interesting results.  He simply does not believe in this. Incidentally, he
sells both Mamyia and Leica and knows both systems inside out.

So, let us see proof in the form of an objective comparison of a Mamyia lens,
designed for the format, and a Leica lens.

Best regards to all and Pax et Lux,