To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 and G1
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 23:45:59 -0700

D Khong wrote:

> Leica is probably under pressure to move with the times.  Only time will
> tell whether the M6 is the last of purist's camera.  If it is, I think the
> value will definitely appreciate.  People tend to chase after things

I don't think Leica is under pressure to mess with the M6. They say
their market research (yes, even they do it!) says people think the M6
is near perfect, and they would be upset if it changes. I think that
plays right into Leica's nature. Don't fix what's not broken.

On the other hand, as Tevya says in fiddler on the roof, the R system
could use an update like the new Contax AX. An autofocus Leica that
works with all current Leica R lenses would be a boon!
--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR