To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4 vs. M6
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 06:53:27 -0700 (MST)

<snip>

>The M6 is more than adequate for any user
>when it comes to reliability or fit and finish or usefulness.
>
>--
>Eric Welch

Agree, Eric, BUT, adequacy is not what the Leica buyer seeks. Given Leica's
price points and reputation, clear cut superiority is demanded. If fit,
finish and reliability are perceived as diminishing, so will their sales
diminish. The inertia in the pipeline will require time to overcome,
however, so their sales are safe, for some time, even if quality is reduced.

I love my M6, but, then, I'm a new user. I intend to buy an M3  or 4-P
sometime and convince the most important customer (me!) of Leica's
maintenance of quality, or lack of it.
    --
    Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                              Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: M4 vs. M6)