To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: nikon/canon lenses on SM leicas ->Zeiss Ikon
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 14:01:42 -0400

Thank you for your most interesting post.  Leica did NOT buy out Zeiss Ikon,
to my fairly certain knowledge.  I believe what happened was that a Danish
company purchased the slide-projector plant in Kiel.  Leica has their
lower-end projectors (the P150) made for them by Kindermann and their
upper-level projectors by Zett.  Leica GMBH may have a small ownership
interest, but I do not believe that they own the Kiel factory outright.

Best wishes,

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!