To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 & lenses
From: Tom Mydosh <tmydosh@cyber1.servtech.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 21:13:59 -0400

At 05:49 PM 4/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>I can't agree more. The only way to test a lens is to *use it* and see
>if
>>you like the results. Of course, few people have the luxury of trying
>out
>>a lens beforehand for any length of time. But its really the only
>meaningful
>>test.
>Remember that you can RENT a lens you want to try with no obligation
>from you local Leica dealer.  That is the beauty of dealing with Leica,
>you can try it before you buy it...that goes for the bodies too.
>
>Regards,
>Bill Erfurth
>Evergreen, Colo

I didn't realize this, never having bought any of my Leica equpiment new. All my
stuff was purchased used from various sources, especially in NYC in the mid 70's
when camera stores like Willoughby's had lots of great used stuff you could see
*before* you bought, and even *haggle* over with the managers. But those times
are long over...

Tom Mydosh