To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users-digest@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Phillistines who own Leicas
From: CMonck@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 19:59:04 -0400

Here's the facts:(a) I have little photographic experience - a Bolsey "B", a
few cheap point n' shoots, and a Canon AE-1.(b) I recently inherited a pair
of Leica M2 bodies and 35/2.8, 50/2 and 90/4 lenses, circa 1958. All are in
great shape, recently serviced by Leica.  (c) I thought I'd "learn" to use
and appreciate these cameras by shooting B/W film. (d) My pictures look pale
- no contrast, no sharp definition. (e) I realize it's NOT the cameras. HELP
! I'd appreciate your suggestions - suggested reading material ? shoot color
film ? Or should I just hang it up and give the M2's to Goodwill ? I'm really
looking for constructive input - I'd swap advice on home automation, kite
flying, commercial audio design or care and feeding of Checker Marathons, but
photography isn't my strong suit. Thanks.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: Phillistines who own Leicas)
Reply from Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> (Re: Phillistines who own Leicas)
Reply from Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org> (Re: Phillistines who own Leicas)