To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica M pinhole camera
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@phantom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:32:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Charles E. Dunlap wrote:

> I would like to fix a pinhole to a Leica M. I could do this very simply,
> but I would rather have the pinhole fitted to an M-mount (possibly a
> couple to vary the focal length). This way I could switch easily from
> pinhole to regular lens. I know where I can get some laser-drilled
> pinholes in brass shim, and I have access to a machine shop where I would
> be able to make an M-mount. Has anyone done this? Are there diagrams
> somewhere (outside of Solms!) for M-mount fabrication? Have such mounted
> pinholes already been constructed? Does anyone else think that this is an
> interesting idea?
>
> -Charlie
>
> Charles E. Dunlap
> Earth Sciences Dept.
> University of California
> Santa Cruz, CA 95064

There are adapters available by non-Leica parts makers with which
you could use  a home-built pinhole. Actually, I own a pinhole
"lens" made by Carl Zeiss for the Contax IIa and IIIa cameras. I
believe they only made 3 or 4, for use by the City of Stuttgart.
It's about 20mm in equiv. focal length and with an aperture of
about f/105. >Wonderful soft images. Ed Meyers