To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The autofocus Leica M...who cares?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 22:42:58 -0700

At 10:15 PM 4/21/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Would anyone care to comment on the R7 vs. 6.2.

Don't get me started. <g> All I'll say is, R7 1/2 stop settings for shutter
speed, much more accurate shutter, shutter speeds down to 4 seconds, more
rugged film advance, digital electronics, a bit better TTL flash (not much
to crow about though compared to Nikon and Canon). Feels better in my big
hands when not motorized.

The R6.2 has the advantage of not needing batteries to work (excpet
self-timer and meter and ttl flash). Different shutter, probably more
rugged, but less accurate than the R7. Can use the motor grip for motors R
and R4 (winders).

I would say don't worry about anything, but whether you need the auto
exposure, greated accuracy of the R7 or the lack of battery dependence of
the R6.2.
Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier