To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: self-intro
From: tmydosh@servtech.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 20:10:16 -0400

At 02:01 PM 4/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>a Voigtlander RF Bessa folder, and a CL I
>bought from an architecture prof here a decade ago for $100. Its RF
>needs resilvering.

Who does rangefinder resilvering? (Acutally I think its aluminizing, as
is done with telescope mirrors.) Ed Romney (of do-it-yourself camera
repair fame) mentions this in several of his Leica repair manuals,
but I've not come across a repair person who will. When my secondary
RF image went dim on my M3, Leitz replaced the entire RF assembly.

>    I'm now after Leica screw (or TM, to be formal). Just had a bad
>experience trying to buy a IIIc or f bd from a net contact in the NE. He
>sent three in succession, all with dry curtains,

What is a "dry curtain"?

//Tom Mydosh

Replies: Reply from Stan Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu> (Re: self-intro)