To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The autofocus Leica M...who cares?
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:07:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Eric Welch wrote:

SNIP
> In this case, I think Pop Photograpy is able to test pretty adequately, and
> it seems most people's experiences agree with the results, so I think it's
> safe to assume they did a good job. Comparing lenses, now that's
another thing. >

Thanks for the clarification.  My objection to the methodology is simply
that it doesn't tell us much about what we can accomplish in the field
with a non-AF camera and lenses:  even if I did have a magnifier, I would
be very unlikely to use it.  It would have been useful if they had given
us some idea as to how well the same lenses could be focussed on the
camera with an unaided eye.  I know that people vary that way, but it
would have been interesting to know how good we are likely to be able to
get with practice and good eye-sight.

Gary Toop