To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: ATTENTION!!! LEICA RIPPING OFF PHOTOGRAPHERS. [rec.photo.equipment.35mm #16152]
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 23:40:42 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry to hear how unhappy you are with Leica.  I think, however, you are in
a crowd of one.  The equipment you have would retail for well over $5000
new, so unless it was in beat up shape you probably got a good deal.  I'm
not sure, though, why you bough a lens with the flaking lube since its
presence causes you so much grief.

If you don't like the Leica price for a lens shade remember that that $95
shade today will probably go up in value.  How much has that Canon and Nikon
and Olympus gear appreciated?

How do you feel about Rolex watches?  I hear they're expensive, too.  Maybe
better stick to Timex.

You can badmouth Leica as much as you want.  I think I'm safe in saying that
they're very positive reputation precedes them.  Perhaps you'd like to offer
this equipment for sale for just what you paid...you might scare up a little
bit of interest!

>------ Forwarded Article <zapcomix-2404961429400001@pm2-19.sba.silcom.com>
>------ From zapcomix@silcom.com (Claude Trei)
>
>I just spent 2800 dollars on an M-6, a 35mm 1.4 and a 50mm 2.0.  That's a
>lot of dough for a range finder and a couple of lenses.  The camera and
>lenses work beautifully and take marvellous pictures.  I have not

SNIP.