To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: small films and developers
From: rmclean@mta.ca (bob mclean)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 10:10:25 -0400

Hi there:

I've been a dedicated 35 user for a while, and have wasted too much film on
experimentation, but I have learned a few things. Combinations I've found
successful include:

1. Tri-x and T-max 400 in D-76 1:1

2. Ilford Pan F Plus,T-Max 100 and Afapan 25 in Rodinal 1:50,

3. Agfapan 100, Tri-x, and Hp-5 Plus in T-Max RS.

All these combinations have given me prints I like, with the favorites
consistently being T-Max 100 shot at 50, processed in Rodinal 1:50, and
Tri-x shot at 400 processed in D-76 1:1. I've lost too many good photos by
experimenting, but I'll know I'll do it again when another new film comes
along. I'm a sucker for punishment.

By the way, some of the best enlargements I've seen done from small film
were by a friend of mine, from Ilford Delta 100 processed in Pyro. I don't
like Pyro  because of it's toxicity, and the Delta didn't impress me in
T-Max developer. You can't buy Delta easily here, so my experimentation
stopped.

Bob