To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: films and leadership
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 22:41:22 -0700

I enjoy the discussion of B&W films and darkroom tactics enormously.
My standard for years was Plus-X in Acufine, rated at 320. Gave very
pleasant results when used with an orange or yellow filter for the
'shoot from the hip' portraiture that I like. I've been using XP2
for the sensual grain rendition and Tri-X in D76 for a long time too.
Ah, one of these days I really must print again! I'm getting so used
to looking at negatives as my product I have forgotten how to print.

With regard to wanting Leica to be on the leading edge, well, the
leading edge is a scary place these days. I bought my Leica M4-P because
I was tired of looking at the leading edge and not obtaining any major
benefit from it for what I love to do in photography. It seems the
leading edge is features features features... I love my Leica because it
is simple, made beautifully and has wonderfuly optics. That's all I really
want in my cameras anymore, the features don't really make better pictures.

Godfrey
Replied: Forwarded  5 May 96 08:58