To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Passport vs. Leica hits the sand
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Fri, 07 May 1996 10:34:40 -0600

LUG'gers,

The Passport warranty only applies to new stuff. I much prefer older Leitz
stuff, because I find it more affordable. In many cases, they also appear
better built.

In my opinion, Leica better concentrate on technical innovations and reduce
emphasis on gimmicks like the Passport and M6J.

Don't get me wrong, but for the $1200 Leica would charge to "fix" the SL
that went down to earth like a tomahawk, I can get an SL2 in mint condition.
That is why the guy did not want his camera "fixed".

Let's get back to photography, including developers, darkroom tricks, etc.
Last couple of days has been very interesting.

Best regards,

Chris
>>	* DISCLAIMER: Please do not drop your Leica (SLR or M) out
>>	* of any airplane windows and expect it to work afterwards.
>>	* A drop like that could damage the health of your camera
>>	* as well as the people in the drop zone!
>>
>Hi Wolfgang,
>
>There is one thing you forgot.  If you have the 3 year Passport
>Warrenty, if the camera doesn't work after the fall, all you have to do
>is send Leica USA the pieces and they will repair it or send you a new
>camera FREE.
>
>Bill Erfurth
>Evergreen, CO

C.M. Fortunko, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Materials Characterization (853.05)
Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80303

Voice phone:(303)497-3062      FAX:(303)497-5030