To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Reflections from a new M6 owner
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 22:19:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: BReisner@BOMC.TIMEINC.COM (Brad Reisner)

There are no lens compatibility problems to my knowledge with the M6, though
there were a bunch with the M5.  I use a 2/50 NF Summicron as my normal
lens, and my main alternate is a 4/90 collapsible.  Both work well on my
camera without a glitch.  I believe all the wide-angles will as well.  My
Russar MR-2 meters without a hitch, and I can meter with all my VISO's as well.

Leica makes a wide strap which they only advertise for the R cameras.  This
is one great strap:  I have one on both my M6 and IIIc.  Any Leica dealer
can get one for you:  it's Leica p/n 14235 and IS a bit on the dear side,
running about $65 or so in the US.

Best,

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315